We are always interested in talking to people who are interested in our community focused brand of banking. Whether you are a seasoned professional or still in school, please let us know your interest so that we can see if there is a place for you on our banking or financial teams.
Join the Pathway Bank Team
Pathway Bank is always searching for potential employees that are hard working and customer focused. And just like in our neighborhoods, we are interested in seeing our employees advance and develop in their careers. To this end, we are committed to providing attractive benefits for our full-time staff.
We encourage all interested applicants to see what opportunities await by viewing our list of career openings and filling out an application today.
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- 401(k) Plan Program
- Generous Vacation, Sick, and Personal Days
- Long-Term Disability
Job Title: Operations Manager
About Pathway Bank
Pathway Bank is a progressive and independent community bank with approximately $167M in assets. A full-service financial institution, proactively seek and deliver innovative, competitive products and services that exceed expectations and support the people and communities we serve. We provide traditional and the latest digital banking services, lending services and insurance options for personal and commercial needs. Headquartered in Cairo, Nebraska, Pathway Bank also has locations in Grand Island, Ord and Burwell.
The right individual must have outstanding leadership skills, be self-motivated, have the ability to work independently and be adaptable to change in new technology. Requires good working knowledge of current core system, core security, disaster recovery, data processing production schedule, data analytic and other bank software. This individual will perform and monitor daily functions necessary to accelerate growth, enhance efficiencies and provide quality service to the Operations of the bank. Additionally, this individual will serve on cross-functional teams and as a back-up to other areas of the IT department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Thorough knowledge and ability to execute all regular routine duties.
- Administrator for software platforms (Core, DocLinks, Branch Capture, Digital Banking, etc.)
- Core admin includes requests from other departments, such as rate changes, product setup, report setup, monitoring the system, routine clean up, year-end processes etc.
- Establish relationship as point of contact with Vendors for troubleshooting, upgrades, maintenance, configurations and installations of new and existing solutions
- Review and verify completion of OSC log sheets
- Responsible for operations policies and procedures of the bank.
- Assist in problem resolution for Employees and Customers
- Oversees balancing of accounts
- Oversees item processing (i.e. ACH, Remote Deposit Capture, Wires, etc.)
- Point of contact for Data Center and Core system for troubleshooting and enhancements
- Serves as member of the Business Continuity Plan, Disaster Recovery Team and IT committee.
- Project manager for core conversions, card processing services and other projects as assigned.
- Five years IT or operations experience
- Strong problem solving, financial, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexible/irregular work schedule including afterhours point-of-contact.
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to read, comprehend and communicate complex material in “user friendly” manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all non-public banking and customer financial information
- Must be able to get to Cairo/GI in adverse weather conditions or remote in to make sure daily tasks can be completed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to interact with team members at all levels of the Bank.
- Extensive supervisory and managerial skills
- Daily handling of confidential files and reports.
- Conduct research projects as needed
- Special Projects from Management
- Communicate effectively with teammates in a respectful and professional manner
- Watch and understand non-verbal communication
- Responsible to Management for fulfillment of functions and responsibilities
- Advise and assist all Bank Officers/Employees in their respective functions associated with areas for which you have direct responsibility
- Will be called upon from time to time to participate with community organizations and in community projects
- Read at a level sufficient to understand memo's, instructions, forms, applications, financial statements, and credit reports
- Write in a clear, concise and legible manner in order to compose memos and complete various bank documents and forms
Job Title: Chief Lending Officer
About Pathway Bank
Pathway Bank is a progressive and independent community bank with approximately $171M in assets. We are a full-service financial institution that seeks to deliver innovative, competitive products and services ranging from traditional to the latest in digital banking services, home mortgage and insurance options. We are proud of our Agricultural roots and remain committed to serving the agriculture community. Headquartered in Cairo, Nebraska, Pathway Bank also has locations in Grand Island, Ord and Burwell.
Pathway Bank is seeking a candidate to lead the bank’s lending function. This individual will oversee all aspects of the lending function. Drive growth, profitability, and credit quality in the loan portfolio. And be a key member of the executive leadership team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and develop long-term lending strategies including portfolio mix, growth strategies, and market penetration objectives through sound analysis.
- Lead lending personnel’s participation in community outreach activities. Direct loan customer relationship-building activities.
- Responsible for overall profitability of the lending function. Analyze the loan portfolio to identify trends and opportunities; develop and implement strategies and processes to grow loan volume; develop loan promotions; and, add to or enhance current product offerings.
- Accountable for overall loan portfolio quality. Responsible for the development and enforcement of prudent lending guidelines and standards. Accurate and timely identification of problem loans. Prepare problem loan reports (“Watch and Classified Loans” lists). Ensure appropriate and progressive implementation of risk-mitigation plans and strategies. Oversee collection efforts.
- Stay abreast of economic conditions and regulatory developments that impact loan quality, compliance, lending policies, and/or underwriting guidelines. Make requisite adjustments to lending program and effectively communicate changes with lending staff.
- Coach, motivate and evaluate lending staff to meet individual, functional, and organizational goals and objectives. Oversee training and development of lending staff. Lending personnel management including recruitment, hiring, and disciplinary actions.
- Prepare reports and analysis for Senior Management. Prepare and present loan reports to the Board of Directors.
- As a member of the executive leadership team, participate in strategic planning, budgeting, and continual process improvement sessions.
- 10+ years progressive responsibilities leading lending operations including development/enforcement of credit policy, underwriting standards, and internal risk-rating systems.
- Experience in loan pricing and profit metrics.
- Experience in loan portfolio risk management including collections.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all lending types including agricultural loans, commercial loans, consumer loans, and home mortgage loans. Particular emphasis on experience in agricultural loans for row-crop farming, cow-calf, and cattle feeding operations.
- Extensive knowledge of state, federal and regulatory compliance requirements related to lending.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Financial Statement presentation, Cash Flow analysis, Financial Ratio analysis, and credit-scoring models.
- Knowledge of proper lien perfection to secure business chattels, titled vehicles, and real estate.
- Familiarity with software programs and platforms utilized by the lending function including Laser Pro for preparing loan documents, Web Equity for credit presentations and loan analysis, loan document imaging, and Microsoft Office.
- Strategic mindset and capability; strong analytical and problem-solving skills; and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A degree in Agri-business, Accounting, Finance or related field of study is preferred. Completion of courses through the ABA, NBA, Graduate Schools of Banking, etc. is also beneficial.
- Prefer an individual who is currently servicing an Ag-based portfolio and has the ability to bring quality credit customers with them; although, this is not a pre-requisite for the position.
Pathway Bank is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons because of age, race, color, creed, religion, disability, gender, ethnic or national origin, or veteran status. Pathway Bank prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability. For more information please visit www.eeoc.gov.