We are always interested in talking to people who are interested in our community focused brand of banking. Whether you are a seasoned professional or still in school, please let us know your interest so that we can see if there is a place for you on our banking or financial teams.
Join the Pathway Bank Team
Pathway Bank is always searching for potential employees that are hard working and customer focused. And just like in our neighborhoods, we are interested in seeing our employees advance and develop in their careers. To this end, we are committed to providing attractive benefits for our full-time staff.
We encourage all interested applicants to see what opportunities await by viewing our list of career openings and filling out an application today.
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- 401(k) Plan Program
- Generous Vacation, Sick, and Personal Days
- Long-Term Disability
Job Title: Grand Island Market President
Reports to: President/CEO
Pay Grade: Salary
Type: Full Time
Location: Grand Island
About Pathway Bank
Pathway Bank is a progressive and independent community bank with approximately $197M in assets. We are a full-service financial institution that seeks to deliver innovative, competitive products and services ranging from traditional to the latest in digital banking services, home mortgage, insurance and investment options. We are proud of our Agricultural roots and remain committed to serving the agriculture community. Headquartered in Cairo, Nebraska, Pathway Bank also has locations in Grand Island, Ord and Burwell .
Manage and coordinate the marketing, delivery and support of community bank services including loans and other banking products. Responsible for the development and maintenance of midsized to large commercial loan portfolios, with the goal of providing m aximum profitability with minimum risk. Must effectively communicate underwriting and credit decisions, and properly explain and document those decisions. Accountable for coordination of individual deposit development strategies that promote core deposit growth by attracting new business and building relationships with customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee Branch personnel and operations necessary to effectively market, deliver and support broad -based banking services. Lead Branch staff to achieve financial and risk goals, which includes meeting loan, deposit and income growth expectations.
- Responsible for independently managing a portfolio of business clients and accountable for net client growth, risk management , customer service and profitability. Ability to identify loan, deposits and fee income opportunities.
- Develop and manage midsized to large customer relationships and maximize long-term customer satisfaction through crossselling efforts to sa tisfy customers’ fina ncia l needs.
- Conduct interviews with customers to establish financial needs emphasizing financial counseling and lending, and process requests or make appropriate referrals. Analyze credit and financial information for customers. Demonstrate sound judgment in decision making, abiding appropriately to established guidelines and procedures. Has the authority to approve or deny a ccounts. Lender is responsible a t a ll times for the ma intena nce of the portfolio’s credit qua lity. This includes the proa ctive, early identification of deteriorating credits a nd the ongoing management of problem loans that remain in the portfolio.
- Promote growth while ensuring appropriate risk management and credit quality within the assigned markets.
- Actively manage talent to develop staff, recruit candidates and maintain appropriate staffing levels.
- Responsible for overseeing Branch personnel, ensuring applicable bank policies and procedures are adhered to and compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Respond to, or ensure Branch staff appropriately respond to, customer service requests and/or resolve customer issues promptly, efficiently and in a courteous manner.
- Actively participate in community organizations and activities to project and sustain a favorable b ank image in the community.
- Pa rticipa te in the development of the Bra nch’s a nnual budget a nd oversee the a ppropria teness a nd a pprove expenditures.
- Participate in the development of Branch goals and objectives, ensure they are aligned with organizational goals, and regularly track performance, making requisite, timely adjustments as needed.
- Provide detailed performance report(s) to senior management and/or the Board of Directors, as requested.
- Register and obtain a unique identifier number from the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System as a Mortgage Loan Originator as well as keep the license in force by submitting updates when personal information changes and to complete the annual renewal of the license.
- May manage multiple locations.
- Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
- Ba chelor’s degree in business, business a dministra tion, fina nce, a ccounting or rela ted a rea , or equiva lent experience require d.
- 10 or more years of lending, banking or financial services experience preferred.
- Proven leadership abilities shown in previous positions.
- Knowledge of all bank products and services including mortgage, cash management, commercial and retail.
- Ability to build strong working relationships within the organization and develop professional relationships with customers and business associations.
- Good understanding of bank and office operations with a strong aptitude in computer applications.
- Effectively utilize and manage time to accomplish goals and objectives on a consistent basis.
- Ability to use effective communication skills both verbally and in writing. Using appropriate form and style to express ideas in a clear, through, and concise manner. Ability to actively listen to others.
Competencies – Skills/Knowledge/Abilities
- Ability to work and deliver under deadline constraints and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently with initiative and appropriate supervision.
- Utilization of effective organization and prioritization skills to complete assignments within established time frames.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Integrity, accuracy, strong attention to detail.
- Initiative to troubleshoot problems independently, examine existing processes, identify and analyze situations and generate alternative solutions or suggestions on how to do things better.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effectively interact with various divisions and levels of management throughout the company.
- Excellent PC and technology skills including MS Excel, Word Knowledge & MS Office of internal controls as they relate to financial reporting.
- Demonstrate sound judgment by taking appropriate actions regarding questionable findings or concerns.
Pathway Bank is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons because of age, race, color, creed, religion, disability, gender, ethnic or national origin, or veteran status. Pathway Bank prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability. For more information please visit www.eeoc.gov.